Upstream of Consciousness wants to be a collection of interviews that only contain answers. I will provide 5 phrases, words, quotes, links, pictures, or videos (in italics) and your consciousness will provide the rest. Responses can be short or long, real or fictional, words, links, or anything in between. In return, each of my "subjects" will give me 1 item back which I will then respond to (under the heading Ripple, with a number next to it). Come, swim for a while.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sylvia

Sylvia creates beautiful artwork and videos. Her videos can be found here.










1."
Je souhaitais que toute vie humaine fût une pure liberté transparente."
- Simone de Beauvoir





Translation:


I wish that every human life be pure transparent freedom.























2. Silvio Berlusconi

























3.

















4. "Then one day I was

walking along Tinker Creek
thinking of nothing at all and I saw the tree with lights in it. I saw the backyard cedar where the mourning doves roost charged and transfigured, each cell buzzing with flame. I stood on the grass with the lights in it, grass that was wholly fire, utterly focused and utterly dreamed. It was less like seeing than like being for the first time seen, knocked breathless by a powerful glance. The flood of fire abated, but I'm still spending the power. Gradually the lights went out in the cedar, the colors died, the cells unflamed and disappeared. I was still ringing. I had been my whole life a bell, and never knew it until at that moment I was lifted and struck. I have since only very rarely seen the tree with lights in it. The vision comes and goes, mostly goes, but I live for it, for the moment when the mountains open and a new light roars in spate through the crack, and the mountains slam." - from Pilgrim at Tinker Creek
by Annie Dillard















5.


2 comments:

  1. Art feeds art. Art can't be created without being fed something first. It's because we learn, imitate, are inspired by and emulate those we admire, that someone, maybe tomorrow, will be able to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how to miss a woman you've never met? the truth and love emanating from her words; her art given to the world and therefore to you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

I am interested in the human condition.