Upstream of Consciousness wants to be a collection of interviews that only contain answers. I will provide 5 phrases, words, quotes, links, pictures, or videos (in italics) and your consciousness will provide the rest. Responses can be short or long, real or fictional, words, links, or anything in between. In return, each of my "subjects" will give me 1 item back which I will then respond to (under the heading Ripple, with a number next to it). Come, swim for a while.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ripple (7)

7. enigma [Hayley]

"I have always been fascinated by what I don't understand."

I wrote that, maybe a week ago, in a journal entry, and it's very true.

Mystery is power.

There are some people in my life that think I'm an enigma. I think that's untrue. Once I'm open, I'm open and fairly uncomplicated. It just takes me a while to get there. Sometimes, though, I miss the power.

enigma

she is a sphinx
holding the answers behind
half hidden smiles

and i am a fool
trying to unlock riddles
by the moonlight

for once the truth is clear
she will vanish

she was never there at all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am interested in the human condition.